Weddings cannot take place during the lockdown
We love weddings here at St Mary’s and we think there is no better place to get married.
Getting Married at St Mary’s
We would love to help you get married at St Mary’s!
We can arrange a wedding at St Mary’s if the legal requirements set out below are met.
You can marry in a Church of England church if you can show that one of you:
- Has at any time lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- Was baptised (christened) in the parish concerned, or
- Is confirmed and your confirmation was entered in the register of confirmations for a church or chapel in the parish (this will usually be the case if you were prepared for confirmation in the parish), or
- Has at any time regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months, or
- That one of your parents, at any time after you were born: has lived in the parish for a period of at least 6 months, or
- Has regularly gone to normal church services in the parish church for a period of at least 6 months, or
- That one of your parents or grandparents: was married in the parish.
And did you know that if you move house, you’re immediately connected to the church there? That means you can marry in the church of your new parish.
If you cannot demonstrate any of the above connections, you could create one, simply by attending your chosen church’s usual services at least once a month for six consecutive months.
If you would like to discuss this with us, or arrange a wedding, please contact the Parish Office in the first instance.
For all relevant information click here and contact the Vicar of St Mary’s, Rev’d Chris Bunce
Phone: 01462 452758